Electronics engineer with more than twenty years of progressive technical and supervisory experience in the microelectronics and household appliances industries, in multinational companies and within high volume manufacturing environments.
Results-oriented and effective project manager with a proven ability to co-ordinate international teams, manage and complete projects to the highest standard, with a meticulous attention to detail and within agreed deadlines.
I possess an international mindset, a very good knowledge of spoken and written English and excellent computer skills.
Areas of expertise
UNIVERSITY OF ANCONA, Ancona (AN), Italy
Master's degree in Electronics Engineering
Graduation thesis title: “An Algorithm for the Dynamic Pruning of Artificial Multilayer Neural Networks”
09/2004 – Present
Food Preservation Quality Manager EMEA (10/2013 – Present)
Refrigeration factory, Susegana (TV), Italy
Reporting to the VP Quality Manager EMEA I am responsible for the Quality results of the fours European food preservation factories.
- Perform field quality analysis and support the factories in quality improvements.
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager EMEA (10/2010 – 09/2013)
Washing machine factory, Porcia (PN), Italy
Reporting to the SVP for Operations EMEA, I was in charge for Health, Safety & Environment on an EMEA level providing support to all the European and Egyptian factories.
- Reduced TCIR (Total Case Incident Rate) in Europe from 4.5 to 0.5 in five years.
- Developed and implemented in all the factories the Electrolux Safety Management System.
Health, Safety & Environmental Officer Europe (09/2007 – 09/2010)
Washing machine factory, Porcia (PN), Italy
In charge, within the Central Industrial Engineering Department, for Health, Safety & Environment on a pan-European level providing support to all the 20 European factories.
- Implemented in all the European factories the DuPont STOP programme.
- Conducted and co-ordinated accident investigations, ensured the provision of fire prevention and emergency procedures, led health and safety committees and provided inspections.
- Supervised the Electrolux Green Spirit programme for a sustainable development aimed to reduce energy and water consumption of all the European factories by 15% in four years.
Senior Industrial Engineer (Project Manager) (09/2004 – 08/2007)
Recruited to be part of an international industrial engineering team responsible for the technical support of all the European factories to the main activities of production and product/process industrialization, contributing to shape the Group industrial strategies, I worked on major projects carrying out:
- introduction and advancement of Lean Manufacturing principles and practices across the factories;
- evaluation of scenarios for manufacturing rationalization and standardization within Europe;
- development of production capacity, strategic and restructuring plans;
- internal and external benchmarking to spread best practices across the organization;
- development of Product/Process improvement plans and support to continuous improvement plans;
- implementation of manufacturing projects (productivity, capacity, outsourcing, and working organization) in cooperation with all the factories.
Dishwasher factory, Solaro (MI), Italy (11/2005 – 08/2007)
Refrigerator factory, Susegana (TV), Italy (09/2004 – 10/2005)
MICRON TECHNOLOGY ITALIA S.r.l., Avezzano (AQ), Italy
10/1998 – 07/2004
Lead Senior Engineer (05/2001 – 07/2004)
Supervised a team of 3 engineers and 11 technicians, with full responsibility for leadership, teamwork, technical proficiency and discipline. The team was responsible for manufacturing support and process sustaining for the fabrication of DRAM devices in terms of: safety, equipment availability, preventive and corrective maintenance, process and equipment control, product industrialization.
Senior Process Engineer (10/1998 – 04/2001)
In charge of the introduction, development, characterization, qualification, and production ramp-up of new process technologies for DRAM devices.
TEXAS INSTRUMENTS ITALIA S.p.A., Avezzano (AQ), Italy
07/1994 – 09/1998
Process & Equipment Engineer
Recruited to play a key role in the start-up of a new production line of 16Mbit DRAM devices (0.5um technology). Responsible for process control and development, ensured that cost and quality standards were achieved.
CARITAS DIOCESANA, Fabriano (AN), Italy
10/1992 – 10/1993
Served in social services providing assistance to needy people.
A.E.A. – Loccioni Group, Angeli di Rosora (AN), Italy
(Manufacturer of electronic devices for industrial automation and quality control in the automotive and home appliances industry)
Intern (R&D department)
01/1992 – 09/1992
Designed and developed hardware and software applications for international companies.
Skills & Competences
- Italian: mother tongue
- English: very good knowledge (spoken and written)
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
- Software: AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Leadership: I managed a team of 14. I was able to merge hands-on leadership style with excellent communication skills to drive team toward performance excellence.
- Team work and mediating skills: I work in a multicultural environment and lead international teams composed by people with different ages, motivations and competences.
- During projects start-up I organized workshops to present and discuss technical and marketing issues with managers.
- Coordinated maintenance activities of equipment: I was able to assign priorities within high volume manufacturing environments.
- Statistical techniques: Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DoE). Excellent skills in data analysis.
- Problem solving: excellent ability to solve problems involving interdisciplinary interactions and processes. Capable of identifying and analyzing problems, then proposing and implementing creative solutions.
- Training: developed training programmes to increase personnel skills. Possess outstanding presentation skills.
Hobbies & Interests
- Internet & Web design
- Film & music
I grant permission for my personal information to be used, ref. law 196/03